Flange Insulating Gasket Kit
Usually includes an insulating gasket, a number of insulating sleeves, a number of insulating gaskets and metal washers.
These parts are all designed according to the size of the flange. It can be installed without any changes to the flange.
Sealgood will pack all parts of each product (except 24" or more). Avoid losing parts during the installation process.
Flange insulation gasket kit installation guide
1. Open the package check component to match the list
2. Check the flange surface to ensure that there are no pits, chisel marks, rust fragments and oil stains, and the roughness of the flange surface is between 3.2 and 6.2 um.
3. Align the flanges. Make sure that the flange faces are coaxial, parallel and carefully loaded into the gasket. It is forbidden to use adhesives, grease or lubricant on the gasket and flange surface to avoid damage to the gasket.
4. Assemble the bolts. Apply lubricant to the threads of the bolts and nuts and assemble them. Install the metal washers, insulating washers and bushings into the bolts in sequence (note: the metal washer is always adjacent to the nut)
5. Pre-install all bolts and pre-tighten until the flange and gasket are in contact with each other
6. Use a micrometer and other tools to check the gap between the flange and the gasket. If there is a gap, the flange assembly is not parallel. If this happens, please unscrew the bolt a little and retighten until there is no gap between the flange and the gasket. . If the flange assembly is not parallel, it will cause excessive damage to the insulation gasket.
7. Tighten the nuts in diagonal order with 30% of the recommended bolt torque
8. Tighten the nuts in diagonal order with 50% of the recommended bolt torque
Tighten the nut in the diagonal order with the recommended bolt torque (excessive bolt torque can also cause leakage)
Insulating Gasket Kit was designed to give operators an alternative to the failure prone phenolic-based isolating gaskets. overlapping and offsetting seal grooves. The purpose of this design is to break each layer of laminate within the gasket itself, thereby creating a barrier through which fluid and gas cannot migrate. The sealing element can be any elastomeric material, as well as more sophisticated spring-energized PTFE lip seals. As a result of this advanced seal design, maintenance-free flange isolation and flange face corrosion mitigation are achieved economically. Depending upon the sealing element selected, Insulation Gasket Kit is rated for most hydrocarbon and water service applications.